Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Subscribe


RSS Feed (xml)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Joining Summer Camps is Fun

When I was around my early teens, I used to join Summer Camps organized by our local church. If I remember it right, I joined for three consecutive summers, making my school break days really productive and full of fun. I met a few new friends, developed closer bonding with old ones, and learned a lot about the Christian faith during those three summer camps. Boy, I was really glad that Mama and Papa allowed me and my brothers to be there. Or else, we would have missed a lot during those school breaks.

Now that I am a mom myself, I'm thinking about letting my little girls attend summer camps when they're bigger. But with the busy schedule that I have, I don't think it'll be easy for me to find local events in my area. Good thing the local events widget from Nickelodeon is now very much accessible. By simply entering the zip code, parents can be connected to the fun activities for the family available in the area.

Wow, so that means summer camps are not just for kids alone these days! I wonder why we didn't have those when we were kids. It would have been a great experience spending the summer with the whole family, and not just us siblings. But anyway, I'd just do it with my family now so they'll also experience the fun of joining summer camps.

Page_block_dscf4879-20071001-203245

Post?slot_id=41622&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comments:

Serge said...

Kids who get to enjoy these summer camps don't merely have fun, they also get to learn several valuable life skills which they could use for the rest of their life.